The mission of the Kingston Fire Department is to
voluntarily provide a range of programs designed to protect the
lives and property of the inhabitants within our district from
the adverse effects of fires, medical emergencies and exposure
to other dangerous conditions.
To serve our district by maintaining a progressively
equipped, professional fire department with a commitment to
FROM THE FIRE CHIEF
The Villages of Kingston and Greenwood are strong
vibrant and growing communities – we have seen unprecedented
growth in commercial and residential development in the past
decade. Our District is seeing increased development and new
housing, with hundreds of new residents moving here each year.
That kind of growth brings its own unique challenges. The
Kingston District Fire Department tackles these challenges with
a creative, modern approach that embraces best practices,
evidence-based decision-making, long-range planning, and
cooperation between departments and agencies.
Our initiatives have included:
• Expanding our membership to sixty members, one of the largest
in the Annapolis Valley.
• Reducing residential fires through education programs.
• More efficient deployment of apparatus through improved
• Establishing Standard Operating Procedures and new firefighter
• Acquiring the best apparatus and equipment to serve the people
of the district while ensuring firefighter safety.
• Fostering a close working relationship with RCMP, Emergency
Health Services, 14 Wing, neighboring Fire Departments and,
• Constantly improving responses to any emergency through
research and best practices.